Trend 1: The increasing datafication of our lives
The amount of data available to us is only going to increase, and businesses that don’t take advantage of Big Data will be left behind.If you’re thinking only large corporations have the budgets and infrastructure to benefit from Big Data, think again. One significant Big Data trend has been the move towards the delivery of tools and technology through ‘software-as-a-service’ platforms. This means businesses rent server space, software systems and processing power from third-party providers – eliminating the need for heavy infrastructure investments. And this is making Big Data accessible to businesses of any size.
And when it comes to the data itself, the big tech companies like Google and Facebook offer a wealth of data on potential customers, and useful tools for interrogating that data. Google Adwords is a well-known example.By tapping into data from these big platforms, and partnering with a smaller software-as-a-service provider, any organisation can leverage the explosion in data to build a smarter, more successful business.
Want an easy way to pour pancake batter? How about a great way to cover up pings in your favorite wooden furniture? We even have a few tips for helping you on those home repair jobs. Whatever it is that you want a lifehack for, we have it.
Look through the list and pick out your favorites or you may just want to use them all. Have a favorite that we don’t have posted? We’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
Whether you want a quick way to iron down a shirt collar, need to know how to fold a fitted bed sheet, want a better way to fold and store clothing so that you can find what you need quickly, or would like tips on closet organization, we have the lifehacks for you.
Sometimes the hardest thing about saving money is just getting started. It can be difficult to figure out simple ways to save money and how to use your savings to pursue your financial goals. This step-by-step guide to money-saving habits can help you develop a realistic savings plan.
Want to start a business but don’t have a lot of startup money or time to invest in developing specialized skills? Then you’ll want to have a look at this list of ideas for easy businesses to start.
Each is a business that you can start inexpensively; some can be started for nothing if you already have the equipment. Every one of these suggestions will let you start a business quickly – in some cases, almost instantly. And all can be operated as home-based businesses.
Be warned though; these types of businesses are not suitable for anyone looking for a “get rich quick” plan or a way to become an instant millionaire. What these inexpensive, easy businesses offer to the person prepared to work at them is a good living – and of course, the satisfaction of being your own boss.
If this is your first time traveling abroad, or maybe you just need a refresher here’s a list of 20 tips you should do or bring before your trip.
Security & Health
1. Check-in with your doctor and insurance carrier. Double check and make sure that you have all of the proper vaccinations and that you have renewed all essential prescriptions. Also, ask you medical insurance provider if your policy applies overseas for emergencies. If it doesn’t, and you want to add extra coverage, consider supplemental insurance.
2. Bring copies of your passport. If your passport gets stolen or lost you want to be sure that you can still get back into the country, or be able to prove your citizenship.
3. Leave a copy of your passport. For extra backup, leave a copy of your passport at home or with someone you trust. Consider making an electronic copy you can store in your email account as well.
4. Register with your embassy. If there’s a problem in the country, this will make it easier for your government to contact you and get you to safety.
5. Look up the monetary conversion before you go. Finding out that one Danish Krone is equal to just 19 cents … bad surprise. Make sure you do your math before you travel to get a sense of where the conversion rate is at.
6. Make sure your credit card will work in the country you’re visiting. European banks have switched almost completely to the more secure chip-and-PIN technology, and fewer businesses abroad are accepting the outdated magnetic-strip cards.
President Donald Trump is reported to be currently having a plan of replacing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson with Mike Pompeo, CIA chief. The report has been confirmed by several news outlets confirmed.
As people ponder on the fact that if the CIA chief was to become the Secretary of State, who will then fill in his shoes, news sources say that Sen. Tom Cotton is to become the new CIA leader. President Trump has been known for changing top tier members of the government and this replacement is expected to have little effect on majority of the American population.
The near unprecedented move made by Trump would cut short the rather turbulent tenure of Rex Tillerson who is the former ExxonMobil CEO. His relationship has been reported to be frayed with President Trump over numerous issues. These issues include climate change and the Iran nuclear deal along with diplomatic crisis between the US allies in the Persian Gulf.
The plan is reported to be overseen by President Trump’s chief of staff. It would replace CIA Chief Pompeo with Sen. Tom Cotton who is a Republican from Arkansas and a close ally of Trump on the matters of national security.
The news was initially broken by the New York Times and it was then followed by the rest of the news sources. People are confirming the idea in their minds that with the Trump administration, nothing could set in stone until it had actually happened.